Wedding Dress Wednesday - Emmy Edition
So this week for Wedding Dress Wednesday, We wanted to give our top ten picks, courtesy of the Haute & Styled team, on Emmy inspired gowns for your big day. From the runway, to the red carpet, to down the aisle and at the alter, these gowns are Haute! *Warning the eye candy might blind you*
1) Zooey Deschanel- Wearing an Ice Blue Reem Acra gown. Check out the stunning sweetheart neckline and the laser cut hemlines in the tulle! The dress has to be paired with some killer gems and all things bling! This one is for all you princess brides.
2) Jessica Pare- Wearing a classic white one shoulder Jason Wu gown, accented with a black sash. Who doesn’t love a classic black & white wedding? We would love to see this dress with a dark romantic or sultry red lip- Oxblood anyone? This dress looks stunning with a classic or vintage updo or exaggerated bun!
3) Padma Lakshmi- Absolutely Stunning in this trumpet style Monique Lhuillier gown in one of this year’s hottest colors: Tangerine Tango. This gown also has a sweetheart neckline and is perfect for all you curvy girls. We think this gown would look best on dark skinned and nicely tanned women. Can’t forget how awesome this would look accented with all things gold metallic on a wedding day for that added touch of glam!
4) Emily Vapcamp- “50 Shades of Grey” (We had too) This is a beautiful, danity, muted grey gown, by J. Mendel. We love the fit of this dress for a girl of any size wanting to show of some skin, but not too much! When wearing this gown on a wedding day, you defiantly have to play it up with accessories and accent colors. For accents, choose colors like sea foam, turquoise, jade green, tangerine tango, lavender and plum or the classic black & white paired with blush pink.
5) Kristen Wiig- Wearing a super trendy tea length gown in blush by Balenciaga. This gown would look best on a smaller chested woman due to its halter neckline. We would love to see this paired with flesh tones, hues of nude, blush, and creams, for a gorgeous, soft, wedding. We love the lace detailing and flowy fabric on this one.
6) Julie Bowen- In a figure flattering, fit & flare Monique Lhuillier neon yellow gown. This is so fab, we love it! If you are brave enough to wear this stunner down the aisle, forget gaudy jewels and accessories and keep it simple. Pair this with accent colors such as shades gray, black & white, khaki, or something blue (preferably navy) for a fall/winter wedding.
7) Christina Hendricks- Va Va Voom! This strapless Christian Siriano in metallic silver is magnificent. This dress will work on anyBody and as you can see can be equally as stunning on a heavy chested woman. Those girls look like summer melons! The belt and the sweetheart neckline adds a great silhouette. An added bonus is Christian Siriano just announced he has a wedding collection in the works (Happy Dance, with cartwheels)!
8) Allison Williams- Dress Crush! Stunning jade green Oscar De La Renta gown. No bridal dress countdown is complete without one of the biggest trends in bridal and fashion for 2012/2013 - Peplum. You can’t lose with this one! We all know green is one of fall’s biggest trends from NYFW and looks great on all skin tones. Choose accents such as fuchsia, blue hues, tangerine tango/sherbet orange, or metallic gold.
9) Lily Rabe- This classic Tadashi gown screams vintage and/or art deco- Two huge trends for fall 2012 and spring 2013. We love the collar, the nude & black color, and the Chantilly lace detailing. Tadashi pulled out all the stops on the one, as the dress features a Venetian lace bodice. This gown works on all body types and shapes.
10) Kata Mara- This gorgeous and glamorous Badgley Mischka gown is last, but not in the least bit lacking. We love the floral appliques, fit, and gold-blush metallic color of this gown. We also love the side swept hair, but this gown would also look great with a vintage deep finger waves. We love the pretty nude pink lip, but would have done more with the cheeks. The fishtail on the dress is amazing, creating a gorgeous silhouette for any body style.
Who was your best dressed? Would you wear any of these gorgeous gowns down your aisle?